The lovely Sarah over at The Good Life of Sarah has nominated me for The Liebster Award which is just delicious of her! She's got a gorgeous blog and I highly advise you get over there, check it out and follow her!
Liebster Blog Award Rules:
1. Share 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you.
3. Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate. The nominees must have under 200 followers and be told in a comment on their blog.
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts About Me
1. I will never get bored of hummus, I could eat it all day.
2. I'd like to find an old run-down farmhouse and renovate it myself.
3. I've read an incredible amount of Enid Blyton books.
4. Due to my mother being born in Newcastle, brought up in Birmingham, moving to Manchester then London then down south, she has a sort of neutral with northern undertones accent. This means I've picked up various sayings and accentuate weird bits in words. Particularly when I'm surprised.
5. I was born in London and love everything about the city. There are so many undiscovered things waiting for me!
6. I currently live in the countryside and though want to spend my twenties in London, do eventually want to settle in the sticks! My heart is split into city and country.
7. I strongly identify with Anne Shirley from 'Anne of Green Gables.' Especially her hair.
8. When sitting next to a friend, I like to hold on to them. Like grab a bit of their t-shirt or link little fingers with them.
9. I'm an odd combination of person, I'm laid back and yet worry frequently. Low-maintenance with neurotic tendencies?
10. I climbed Ben Nevis in 2011 and it was one of the hardest yet rewarding experiences of my life.
11. At Uni, I barely ever worked in my room. I went to the library usually spent all night, I once stayed there for over 24 hours. I had a fantastic nap after I completed my project!
1. Do you have unusual quirks, if so what are they?
Definitely. I check the door lots of times by pressing the handle and looking at my hand just to make sure it's locked. I tap my nose when I'm thinking hard. I can't eat peanut butter sandwiches without crushing them...the list is endless!
2. Where did you last travel abroad and what was the best experience you had there?
I went to Paris in February with my parents and it was phenomenal! My best experience...hard question. Definitely seeing the current Shakespeare & Company, it's everything you could ever want in a bookshop and I look forward to taking my children there to see the note I left. The old S&C was amazing too as even though it's not there anymore, the fact that I stood exactly where all the greats such as Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Joyce, Pound etc. stood was overwhelming. As was Les Deux Magots, I sat in Hemingway's regular seat, his regular seat!
3. What situation do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Wow, big question. Hopefully further in my career. I currently work for a charity and I'd like to carry on that way. It would be nice to be abroad though. I would also like to be married but we'll see what happens.
4. Which shop is the majority of your wardrobe from?
New Look. It's the only decent shop in my town and it's also massive! I have other things from H&M and the odd bit from Topshop but New Look is probably the big one.
5. Trousers or skirts? And why?
Skirts. Everytime. I haven't worn jeans nor really trousers (apart from when I was a waitress) since 2009. I live in leggings. I'm quite short and not as slim as I'd like to be and I just think I look rubbish and stubby in trousers.
6. What is your favourite beauty product?
Probably my Chanel lipstick. I love Chanel and I love red lipstick. It was a present too :)
7. If your wardrobe could only be from one shop, money no limits, what shop would it be?
Honestly I don't know. I don't love shops, I love particular items. I like how basic and elegant H&M stuff is and Zara too.
8. What job did you want to do as a child?
Doctor by day, Actress/Singer/Dancer by night.
9. Why did you start blogging?
I love computers, I love the internet and I love the large blogging community. I wanted a piece of the pie. Also it's very therapeutic, equally brilliant to find wonderful lovely people who are interested in the same things you are!
10. What would you describe your style as?
It has dashes of preppy, a little hippy and a little off the wall. Claryle.
11. What is your favourite season?
WINTER. I'm obsessed and I mean, obsessed, with Christmas. Check out my christmas blog at http://thatgingerbreadfeeling.tumblr.com
1. If you could only wear one colour in your wardrobe for the rest of your life, which colour would you choose?
2. Out of all the people you know, be they celebrities or real, who would you swap lives with for a day?
3. Which band do you think sums up your current/past teenage years?
4. Which film and/or book could you watch/read over and over again?
5. What is your essential beauty product?
6. What is the best beauty tip you have been told?
7. Name three things that make you happy and 3 things that make you sad.
8. You've just won a million pounds, aside from savings, bills etc, what is the first thing you buy?
9. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
10. Which country would you really like to visit?
11. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Thank you for reading!